The Miss Whatcom County Scholarship Program is open to young women in the State of Washington who are interested in serving in a leadership role that fosters community service.
To participate, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Candidate must be a citizen of the United States.
- Candidate must be at least 17 years of age, and no more than 24 years of age. Candidate must be no less than a high school senior graduating in June 2018.
- Candidates must meet one of the following criteria:
- Resident of Whatcom County
- Full-time high school or college student in Whatcom County.
- Work full time in Whatcom County (40 hrs. per week).
- If candidate does not currently attend school and has recently moved to Washington, they must have at least six months of residency prior to November 2017.
- Candidates must be single, never been married, nor had a marriage annulled, nor be living with a male in lieu of legal marriage. Candidate must not be, nor ever have been pregnant.
- Candidate must be in good health.